|Ready to be eaten with rice.|
This one is really an easy one. I'm not that much of a vegetable eater but this is definitely one of my favourite vegetable dish. Very Negeri Sembilan... I think lah. I think you can get the wild fern shoots from any good wet market here. Bibik did the shopping for this and also the cooking for this dish. So enjoy!
• Wild fern shoots (pucuk paku). Separate the leaves and the stems. The softer part of the stems can be included in this dish.
• 1 red chili (cili merah).
• 2 to 3 garlic (bawang putih).
• A handful of dried anchovies (ikan bilis), cleaned and washed.
• 1/4 anchovy cube (kiub ikan bilis). Try get the one without MSG.
• Course salt.
• Heat up your wok with some oil. Once its heated, add the pounded ingredients into the oil and leave to cook.
• Add the anchovy cube and mix well.
• Then add the stems first to the mix so that it starts cooking first since it takes a bit longer to cook the stems because its harder.
• When the stems are cooked and its soft enough, add the leaves into the mix. Mix them well. You'll see the leaves shrinking. Leave it for a minute while mixing it. And when its cooked...its ready to be served. ;-)
Senang kan? Hahaha. Its delicious as well eaten with steamed rice. Here's the video.
So... masak lah dengan kasih sayang. Memang lagi sedap. Enjoy!