And oh... by the way, this is the first recipe post so kalau tersilap sini sana ampun je lah. I'm still new with this blogging thing. And the video at the end tu was done with my phone nye camera eje so tak lah canggih sangat. The editing pun kelam kabut. Nanti bila dah terror nanti... i will put music all, k? Hahaha.
Anyway here goes...
|Onions and garlic sliced this way|
• Slice a whole onion bulat bulat and garlic dalam 5 or 6 ketul macam gambar ni hah.
• Ginger about 5 to 6 inches, crushed and blended using some of the water for the rice. Then strain it so you only get the juice of the ginger. Pakai yang ready made tu ok, kot but tak ori lah. ;-)
• Also you need 'bahan penumis' ie bunga lawang (star anise), kayu manis (cinnamon) & buah pelaga (cardamon).
• Then start putting in your 'bahan penumis' into the oil & ghee followed by the onions and garlic. Cook it till its yellow (not burnt, yeah). The aroma is divine at this point.
• Add the water for the rice (the one that was put aside earlier) and also the ginger juice that was prepared. You may need to add a bit more water...just a bit. And close the lid so everything is mixed and cooked well together...sebati lah kalau orang melayu cakap... chewah.
• Once its boiling, add the rice and close the lid.
• Move the pot to the rice cooker heater and let it cook like regular rice.
• When the rice is cooked, stir gently and leave it for a few minutes.
• Add a bit of colouring so you get some specks of colour in the rice. You only want a few bits of the rice to be coloured. We've used yellow and green but its really whatever colour you want. You can also use daun pandan (pandan leaves) if you do not want to use artificial colouring.
Anyway, here is the kelam kabut video of the making of this nasi minyak in our kelam kabut kitchen. My younger sister, Eileena is in this video along with my mum.
I hope you will try it... kalau tak jadi, jangan lah salah kan kita orang cause kita nye jadi-menjadi jadi and very lah the sedap bila makan dengan kari kambing, paceri nenas and acar.
So... masak lah dengan kasih sayang, memang lagi sedap. ;-) Enjoy!