|Dr. Abdul Ghani|
My apologies for taking so long to post this. I had a bit of problems with the video cause I think I missed some parts of the cooking and everything was just a bit messy lah. Just refer back to the text to see whether you are doing it correctly. This was the first video we did so maklum kan eje lah, k.
So here goes...
• About 2 inches of halia (ginger), sliced into small strips.
• 1 bawang besar (large onions). Sliced.
• 10 bawang merah (shallots). Sliced.
• 5 bawang putih (garlic). Sliced.
• 'Bahan penumis' includes kayu manis (cinnamon), bunga lawang (star anise) and buah pelaga (cardamon). A few of each.
• Daun kari (curry leaves).
• Rempah kari daging (meat curry powder)
• Garam kasar (Coarse salt)
• Cili boh (dried chilli paste)
• Santan (coconut milk). Prepare three thickness. One very creamy, one medium thick and one very watery.
• 1 kentang (potato) skinned and cut into 4 to 6 pieces.
• Add about two big spoons of chilli boh and add two tablespoons of curry powder. Mix them well.
• Add the meat and mix well so that all the meat is covered. Keep stirring. Add some chilli boh and curry powder to enhance the colour and flavour.
• When the meat has decreased in size, add water until the meat is slightly submerged. Stir well. Leave to boil so the meat is tenderised. This will take awhile.
• When the water decreases add the watery coconut milk and stir well. Let it boil to tenderised the meat even more. This is the time to add the potato. Mom forgot to add the potato on the video so she boiled it separately and added it later on.
• This is where I missed taping it. Again when the liquid decreases add the medium thick coconut milk and let it boil. Leave it to thicken.
• You can add the thick coconut milk if you want the curry creamier and let it boil for awhile longer. But if you feel that its thick enough, then you can go without. Turn the fire off and leave it to cool down. It will still slowly thicken even more.
• Then serve it with rice, nasi minyak or eat it with bread, naan and others.
Here is the messy video. My moms bibik made a short appearance in this video. She has been with us for 12 years. We do love our bibik. ;-)