|Masak Lemak Cili Api Ayam|
Another one of my all time favourites. I know I know...it seems like everything I've posted is my favourite. ;-)
|Kaffir Lime Leaves|
• 8 to 9 small chillies (cili api).
• 1 potato (kentang) skinned and cut into 4 to 6 pieces.
• 1 inch of fresh turmeric (kunyit) or turmeric powder.
• 3 sticks of lemongrass (serai). Crush it slightly to release the flavour.
• 2 to 3 pieces of kaffir lime leaf (daun limau purut). Refer to picture on the left.
• Course salt.
• Coconut milk (santan), two types, one thick and one diluted.
• Put the chicken and also the pounded mix into a wok.
• Without putting the flame on, mix them all well.
• Put some water into your mortar and pestle (alah...batu tumbuk lah..haha) and add the water into the wok. Mix everything and put the flame on.
• Let it simmer for awhile to seal the chicken flavour.
• Keep on stirring so it doesn't burn at the bottom of the wok.
• Add the lemongrass and mix well.
• When the water gets a bit dry, add the diluted coconut milk and let it boil to tenderise the chicken. Also add the cut potato.
• Put the flame down and leave it to boil.
• Add the kaffir lime leaves for flavour and leave for 10 mins.
• When the chicken is tender and the potato is cooked, add thick coconut milk and mix well. The amount depends on how creamy you want this dish to be.
• Leave to simmer on low flame till the gravy is slightly thick.
• And once you get it to the consistency of your choice, its ready to be served.
I know it seems a bit hectic cooking this but its really quite easy. Not many ingredients and oh so yummy. ;-) Some people cook it very differently like using oil and onions but this is how we do it. Have a good one!
Here is the video, my nieces Darling and Qistina made an appearance. Qistina provided the entertainment. Have a look! ;-)
So... masak lah dengan kasih sayang. Memang lagi sedap. Enjoy!