|Ikan Bilis Goreng dengan Petai|
Petai can be quite stinky so be careful when you eat it. Make sure you are not going for an appointment after.
|Petai (Bitter Beans)|
• 10 bawang merah (shallots).
• 10 Cili api (small chillies). Its up to you how hot you want it to be.
• Garam kasar (coarse salt).
All of the above should be pounded coarsely.
• Ikan bilis (dried anchovies) a handful.
• Around 15 to 20 petai (bitter beans).
• Assam keping (dried tamarind pieces), just a small piece.
• Heat up oil in a wok and start frying the ikan bilis till its crispy. It takes awhile for it to be crispy but don't burn it cause it becomes quite bitter if it does.
• Once its crispy, take it out and put aside.
• Lessen the oil and fry the petai next. Let it fry for a couple of minutes. Put aside once its ready.
• Add a bit more oil and fry the pounded ingredients. Add a bit of water so it cooks evenly till the oil starts to surface.
• Add the assam keping to make it less hot and mix well.
• Leave to cool down and add the fried ikan bilis just before you serve.
Here is the video. Mum and Bibik are both in this video.
So... masak lah dengan kasih sayang. Memang lagi sedap. Enjoy!