|Crispy and yummy.|
Now if only I can make mum switch to organic for all meats. Saying that, organic meat costs more... and not just a few cents more but by quite a bit. So we'll see how that goes. I did find someone who sells organic chicken though but we haven't bought one yet. Tengok lah nanti. I will keep you posted on how good it is once we try it out. Does anyone know of any organic farming course that I can do?
So here is the grilled fish ingredient and method. Hope you like it.
• 1 Tilapia fish (ikan tilapia) clean the fish and remove the fins.
• 3 garlic (bawang putih)
• 20 shallots (bawang kecil)
• 1 inch of ginger (halia)
• 1/2 inch of galangal (lengkuas)
• 2 red chillies (cili merah)
• 4 small chillies (cili api)
• 5 candle nut (buah keras)
• 1 lemon grass (serai)
• Banana leaf
• Pound the garlic, shallots, ginger, galangal, red chillies, candle nut, salt and lemon grass till its almost fine.
• Heat your wok with oil and put in all the pounded ingredients in. Add a bit of water to cook it thoroughly.
• Leave to fry for about 8 minutes till its slightly dry and cooked.
• Lay the banana leaf on the tray and oil the leaf so the fish doesn't stick.
• Rub some salt on the inside and the skin of the fish.
• Then stuff the pounded ingredients into the fish and pour some olive oil on both sides of the fish.
• Put the fish on the tray with the banana leaf and put it into the oven at 200°C for 30 minutes. Then turn the fish over and leave for another 10 minutes.
• Move the grilled fish onto a plate and serve.
So here is the video. Its a pretty sombre video but have fun grilling your ikan bakar.
So... masak lah dengan kasih sayang. Memang lagi sedap. Enjoy!