Mee Berkuah, is a dish that mum cooks when there is nothing else to cook. Mum calls it the 'lazy dish' cause its so so simple. As long as you have the ingredients...you are set. The cooking takes less than 5 minutes. Enjoy!
|All the ingredients.|
• A packet of yellow noodles (mee kuning).
• 5 to 7 shallots (bawang kecil) sliced.
• 3 to 4 garlic (bawang putih) sliced.
• 1 chicken cube.
• 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper powder (serbuk lada hitam).
• 1 red chilli (lada merah) sliced diagonally.
• 1 green chilli (lada hijau) sliced diagonally.
• A bit of beef (daging) cut into small pieces.
• A bit of squid (sotong) cleaned and cut into small pieces.
• A bit of prawns (udang) cleaned and sliced into two.
• 2 to 3 tablespoons of light soya sauce (kicap cair).
• 2 to 3 tablespoons of thick soya sauce (kicap pekat)
• 3 to 4 tablespoons of cornflour (tepung jagung) mixed with room temperature water.
• Some Chinese mustard green vegetables (sawi) cleaned. Separate the stems and the leaves and cut the stems into small pieces.
• Heat up your wok with oil. Add the garlic and the shallots first.
• Add the black pepper to your beef, squids and prawns. Then put them into the wok.
• Then add the red and green chillies. Mix everything well.
• Add about 3 to 4 cups of warm water. Also add your thick soya sauce and the chicken cube.
• Leave to boil for a bit and add the vegetable stem. Then add the leaves and leave to boil.
• Taste for salt and add more if desired.
• Add the yellow noodles and mix well. Leave to boil.
• Once its boiling add the cornflour and water mixture to thicken the gravy. Keep stirring. Add more if you want it to be thicker.
• Then its ready to be served. Eat while its hot.
Here is the video.
So... masak lah dengan kasih sayang. Memang lagi sedap. Enjoy!