• 10 bawang kecil (shallots).
• 3 to 4 bawang putih (garlic).
• 2 inches of halia (ginger).
• 6 to 8 cili padi (small chillies).
• 2 sticks of serai (lemon grass).
• 2 tablespoons of cili boh (dried chilli paste).
• 2 inches of lengkuas (galangal).
• Santan pekat (thick coconut milk)
• 3 tablespoon of kerisik (grated, toasted and grounded coconut). This needs to be prepared earlier. I will try post how to make this at some point but you can buy this ready made.
Blend bawang kecil, bawang putih, halia, chilli padi, serai, cili boh and lengkuas till its fine. Marinade the limpa with all the blended ingredients. Leave for at least 5 minutes, more if you want to.
• Once its hot, put in the marinated limpa. Add a bit of water and mix well.
• Leave it to simmer until its slightly dry. Keep mixing so that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the wok and leave for awhile till it dries further, not too dry though.
• When it is thick and slightly dry, lower the flame and add the kerisik. Mix well.
• Add the thick coconut milk. Just a bit though so it is wet. This is for the gravy.
• Add salt to taste.
• Leave it for awhile longer and its ready to be served.
Here is the video. Mum, Bibik and my dad are in this video.
So... masak lah dengan kasih sayang. Memang lagi sedap. Enjoy!